- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 1 days ago
- October 12: BMW Recalls X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Over Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 25 days ago
- September 11: Dutch Prosecutors Investigating Jeep and Suzuki Emissions news | 35 days ago
- September 10: BMW, Daimler and Volkswagen in German Crosshairs news | 36 days ago
2016 BMW M2
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW M2
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW M2 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW M2 STRUCTURE:FRAME AND MEMBERS NHTSA Campaign #16V653000
Summary: BMW North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 BMW M2 Coupe vehicles, 2015-2017 M3 Sedan vehicles and 2015-2016 M4 Coupe and M4 Convertible vehicles. During servicing of the rear differential for a prior service action, the rear sub-frame bolts may have been reused instead of being replaced. Reuse of the existing bolts may cause the bolts to loosen.
Consequence: Loose rear sub-frame bolts may adversely affect vehicle handling and control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear sub-frame bolts with new bolts, free of charge. The recall began on November 3, 2016. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V653000 »