- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 26 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 45 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 48 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 49 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Aveo
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo
Official recalls have been issued for the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2005 Chevrolet Aveo EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS NHTSA Campaign #14V261000
Summary: General Motors is recalling certain model year 2004-2008 Chevrolet Aveo vehicles equipped with daytime running lights (DRL). In the affected vehicles, there may be heat generated within the DRL module located in the center console in the instrument panel, which could melt the DRL module.
Consequence: If the DRL module melts due to the heat generation, it could cause a vehicle fire.
Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a revised DRL module, inspect the wiring connector for heat damage, and clean the DRL circuit grounds. Owners were sent interim notices on August 14, 2014. The recall began on February 6, 2015. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). General Motors recall number for this campaign is 14236. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V261000 »