- September 11: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Recalled For 'Telltales' recalls | 6 days ago
- September 11: Chevrolet Malibu Fuel Injector Issues Cause Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- September 11: GM Vacuum Pump Recall Issued For 3.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 30 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 84 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Fuel Leaks1
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System30
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline12
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.