- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 16 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 25 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 17 of 52)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 47 / 5
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 27 / 5
- Average Mileage:
- 64,211 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.