- January 1: Two More GM Ignition Switch Lawsuits Tossed Out news | 21 days ago
- December 15: GM Liftgate Problems Not Fixed in Recall: Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- December 12: GM Air Conditioning Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- November 16: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 3500 and GMC Sierra 3500 recalls | 67 days ago
- October 30: GM Recalls GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado and Chevy Volt recalls | 84 days ago
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
Worst 2007 Cobalt body / paint Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.