- December 5: Chevy Bolt Battery Recall Too Late, Alleges Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- December 1: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 4 days ago
- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 12 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 17 days ago
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Premature Rotor Failure3
- Brakes Not Working Properly1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes24
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control22
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic14
- NHTSA: Parking Brake8
- NHTSA: Traction Control System3
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Disc: ...2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control Unit/Module ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Wheel Speed ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.