- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 22 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 41 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 44 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 7 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 116,340 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.