- March 6: GM Cracked Dash Recall Not Likely news | 2 days ago
- February 23: Chevy Bolt Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Range news | 13 days ago
- February 9: GM Takata Airbag Recall Includes 6 Million Vehicles recalls | 27 days ago
- January 27: Chevy Camaro Airbag Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 57 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 2 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 7 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 6 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 109,594 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.