- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 17 days ago
- April 28: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Piston Rings news | 32 days ago
- April 27: GM Transmission Lawsuit Doesn't Hold Up, Says Automaker news | 33 days ago
- April 21: GM Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover Recall: Take 2 recalls | 39 days ago
- April 20: Corvette Cracked Wheels Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace pcm (1 reports)