- June 21: Chevy Traverse Airbag Exploded, GM Announces Recall recalls | 15 days ago
- June 11: Investigation Into GM Sticky Steering Wheels Closed investigations | 25 days ago
- May 8: GM Transmission Lawsuit Involves 8-Speed Automatics news | 59 days ago
- April 23: GM PCV Lawsuit Alleges Rear Main Seal Leaks Oil news | 74 days ago
- April 15: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 82 days ago
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 has an early trend of the transmission shifting hard, surging & jerking.
At the moment these trucks are still under warranty. However this transmission problem shows up right away with the average reported mileage only around 3,000 miles, so for now the 2017 Silverado earns our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Surges And Jerks53
- Clunk In Low Gears10
- Hard Shifts10
- Complete Transmission Failure4
- Transmission Failure4
- Metallic Bang Noise2
- Down Shifts By Itself1
- Slips Out Of Gear1
- Stabilitrac Light On1
- Transmission Failure With Check Engine Light1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Model Years
Curious how the 2017 Silverado 1500 compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado 1500 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado 1500.