- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 11 days ago
- September 19: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Electric Cars To Prevent Stalling recalls | 27 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 49 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 50 days ago
- July 31: Hyundai Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Says Rodents Damage Vehicles news | 77 days ago
2012 Hyundai Veracruz
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Hyundai Veracruz
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Hyundai Veracruz by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Hyundai service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Hyundai customer service.
2012 Hyundai Veracruz ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE NHTSA Campaign #14V415000
Summary: Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2007-2012 Veracruz vehicles manufactured from December 26, 2006, through July 24, 2012. The affected vehicles may experience an oil leak from the front cylinder bank valve cover gasket. If there is a sufficient amount of oil dropped onto the alternator, the alternator will be damaged causing the charging system to become inoperative.
Consequence: If the alternator is damaged, the charging system warning lamp in the instrument cluster will illuminate, and the engine will lose power and the vehicle will eventually stop operating while being driven. An unexpected failure of motive power while driving increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect/repair or replace the alternator and the front valve cover gasket, free of charge. Hyundai sent out an interim letter to owners on September 3, 2014. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 121. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V415000 »