- October 3: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Recalled recalls | 11 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Investigation Opened investigations | 14 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Class Action Lawsuit Transferred news | 14 days ago
- September 21: Jeep Wrangler Frame Problems Lead to Investigation investigations | 23 days ago
- September 19: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Seat Belts Not Retracting investigations | 25 days ago
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn't seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It's worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Swedish Magazine's "moose test". The test measures a vehicle's ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn't want to hit while driving down the road ... like a moose.
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Off While Driving23
- Engine Turns Over, Won't Start17
- Check Engine Light On14
- Engine Knocking2
- Engine Sputters2
- Clunking When Accelerating From A Stop1
- Oil Leak1
- Oil Leaking Into Coolant1
- Rattling Noise1
- Unintended Acceleration1
- NHTSA: Engine188
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control24
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.