- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 10 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 12 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 24 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 72 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 72 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 15,655 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: