- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 8 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 14 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
Worst 2013 Altima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/dies while driving13
- check engine light on8
- engine starts, then stalls3
- engine cranks, won't start2
- no acceleration2
- engine burning oil1
- engine sounds like a jet engine shutting down1
- motor mount failed1
- water leakage in engine block1
- NHTSA: Engine72
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control22
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.