ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 Altima, prompting us to give it our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about vibration and even transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

3.2

2014 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

2014 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Altima

Headlight bulbs work but both headlamp assemblies seem to be defective in not lighting up the road. I have read there is a issue with the backing in the headlamp assemblies failing due to heat from the bulbs and not producing proper lighting.

- Elmwood, IL, USA

Nov 012016

Altima

The low beam headlights are very dim.bulb replacement does not help.

- Pineville, LA, USA

Altima

Can¿T see while driving. Headlights awful. $700 per side to replace. Dealership says been a lot of issues with this and saw a class action lawsuit started online.

- Lima, OH, USA

Altima

There is a major safety issue with the dim headlights of this 2014 Nissan Altima; it seems to get worst as the car ages to the point of I can no longer see at night. Other drivers stop me to ask if I have on my headlights. As a result, I have to continuously drive with high beams on, which could be unsafe and impact oncoming driver's vision.

- Spring, TX, USA

Feb 042018

Altima

Complaint involving low beam headlights very dangerous.

- Bell Buckle, TN, USA

Altima

The low beam headlights over a period of time have become dimmer and dimmer. We replaced the bulbs thinking they were burned out. It did not help. At night I have to ride with my high beams because I cannot see 1 foot in front of my car on low beams. It's like driving with them off. I purchased this vehicle July 12, 2017. It is a safety hazard to drive at night.

- Lawtey, FL, USA

Oct 102016

Altima

In my 2014 Nissan Altima the lights have dimmed so bad you can barely see 2 feet in front of you at night. It makes it very hazardous in night and rainy conditions

- Abbeville, LA, USA

Jun 012018

Altima

Low beam lights do not work. Had bulbs changed and it is no better at all. When you turn on low beam you cannot see 1 ft in front of you and have to basically stop in the middle of the road till the oncoming car has passed. Very, very dangerous !!

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Altima

Headlights are very dim, cannot see too far ahead while driving at night

- Manassas, VA, USA

Altima

Over the past several months the low beam headlights have been steadily deteriorating to the point they have become a safety hazard. The initial thought that the bulbs required replacement; however, this has not remedied the issue. The headlight lenses are not yellowed or fogged over, and the headlight bulbs are brand new high-quality headlight lamps. There is no other known issue with the headlights. The high beam work without issue and it is becoming more frequent to where the high-beams are needed to supplement nighttime lighting in areas where liow beams should be more than sufficient. The low beam lighting is at the point to where it is becoming a hazard to me as the driver; but also, is becoming a hazard to oncoming drivers, as the use of high-beam lighting is being used more frequently. The brighness of the low beam light does not change if the vehicle is parked, standing, or in motion, and the dim lighting is most hazardous when driving around corners or on dark roads without street lighting. The car has not been seen by Nissan or a mechanic because it is out of the warranty period and estimates to inspect the lighting issue begins at $80. A simple internet search indicates that this is a frequent issue, and I would appreciate any feedback or information the NHTSA might be able to provide on this and related issues.

- Minneola, FL, USA

Feb 122017

Altima

The headlights have become very dim over time. Both light bulbs have been replaced, but it is like driving with no headlights! I often have to drive with high beams on so I can see at night! having high beams on is a danger for other drivers. Nissan is aware of the problem and will not do anything about this. There has to be some way to make them fix the problem. Hopefully before someone is injured or killed because of Nissan's negligence!

- Moncks Corner, SC, USA

Oct 132018

Altima

The low beam on my Nissan is lower than normal and is hard to see the road at night. I have to constantly drive with the lights on high beam.

- Louisburg, NC, USA

Oct 112018

Altima

Headlights on low beam are so dim that night driving is unsafe. I have to use high beams which could blind an oncoming driver. Nissan dealership says there are no recalls and that I could replace the lens which is very expensive.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Oct 092018

Altima

The low beam headlights on my 2014 Nissan Altima are dangerously dim. Difficult and dangerous to drive at night. Need to use high beams to properly see the road. This is an extreme safety risk for myself, family and other cars on the road. I've read online that it is not a bulb replacement issue - but a light projector issue with the design of the headlights. A safety concern that Nissan should be recalling to replace the defective headlights.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Oct 012017

Altima

Headlights are extremely dim causing a driving and safety hazard. Driving at night is almost impossible. I have owned this car for 4 years and within the last year this issue has only gotten worse. I have 3 kids actively involved in after school sports activities and at this point I fear for my family's safety.

- East Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Sep 012018

Altima

When I first bought the car brand new the headlights seemed fine, but over time I noticed they were getting dim, and now I can hardly tell the low beams are even on, the high beams seem to work just fine. So I tried changing the bulbs for low beams and it didn't help at all. Something needs to be done before they fail all together and someone gets hurt or even killed.

- Rockledge, FL, USA

Jun 012018

Altima

My 2014 nissian Altima which I bought off the dealer lot brand new in 2014 has extremely dim lights that make it impossible to drive at night which is super unsafe because I cant even see more then about a foot in front of me and sometimes I get off late so now I have to drive at night and its if I didn't even have my lights on.

- Dalycity, CA, USA

Mar 312018

Altima

I purchased my 2014 Nissan Altima from a major car dealership in tallahassee, fl. March 31, 2018. The very day I took the car home I was leaving a family member's home and it was noticed the headlights were extremely dim. A diagnostic test was completed at Nissan dealership in thomasville, ga. On the vehicle. The test yielded the projectors were malfunctioning. I commute in a car 80 miles (to/from work) 5 a day with headlights that have little to any projection from the head lights when I using the low beam lighting. When it rains my ability to see the lines on the road are almost impossible until I am able to return to the high beams. This is scary for me each night I am driving home given I am a female driving from work between the hours of 1:00 am and 2:00 am. It would seem this would be a priority to repair for the safety of person who have purchased these year model car. How many more people will need to be put in harms ways before a recall is made to repair this apparent issue?

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Aug 252018

Altima

Nissan Altima 2014, 88000 miles. Headlights are so dim that it is impossible to see directly in front of the car. Very dangerous to be driving at night. It is not an issue with the bulbs, the whole headlight assembly has to be replaced. Brights work fine.

- Parkville, MO, USA

Jan 022018

Altima

The low beam headlights are very dim. I am concerned about driving at night as I cannot see very far in front of car unless I use high beams. Noticed last year, seems to be even worse now.

- Hayward, CA, USA