ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 Altima, prompting us to give it our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about vibration and even transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

9.5

2014 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

2014 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Oct 302017

Altima S 2.4L

• CVT transmission

I understand that really dim headlights are an issue with Nissan Altimas, especially 2013 - 2014 models. I also understand Nissan will fix it for about $1000.00!!! As this is a real safety issue to drivers, their passengers and potential pedestrians Nissan should fix this for no cost to owners of these car experiencing this issue.

Unless Nissan repairs this problem, I'll never buy or recommend ANY Nissan again.

This is a true safety issue and I also encourage all who are having this problem to contact the National Highway Safety Administration at; www.nhsa.gov, and file a complaint. Do this ASAP. Together we can get the HNSA to force Nissan into correcting this problem of their doing.

- Frank S., Haverhill, MA, US

Nov 012018

Altima SV 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Just bought a 2014 Altima SV. On my drive home, I noticed I couldn't see the road. I turned the light switch on and off several times and even pulled over to make sure the bulbs were working. Even my parking lights, the amber ones, are brighter on the road than the low beams! I thought it was just me. Literally, a lighter's flame would be brighter than my low beams.

I'm going to take the car to the dealer today and see what they say. From what I've seen today, this is a huge and widespread problem. Not sure if there is a way to repair or clean the burned up film on the projector lens on the inside. Seems like a replacement would be the only solutions if it can't be cleaned.

- Ameer M., King George, US

May 012018

Altima S 2.5L

The headlights are barely visible on low beam and new bulbs will not fix the problem. I spoke with someone at the Nissan dealership and they know this is a common problem but apparently Nissan has not issued a recall. This is a very real safety issue for the driver, as it is virtually impossible to drive at night. Not only can you not see the road but you cannot see anything that might be in front of you (pedestrians, animals, hazards, etc.). Hoping Nissan will step up and acknowledge this problem soon.

- Rick R., Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 012016

Altima SV 2.5L 4cy

Nissan dealerships estimate repair to be approx. $1000.00. This is excessive since this has been a Nissan production problem on the Altima for a number of years,. 2013, 2014, 2015, etc. It appears replacing the existing bulbs with different bulbs regardless of the type or quality does not work. The only legitimate resolution to the problem seems to be, order a different headlight assembly.

I would appreciate any suggestions. This is a dangerous situation when driving at night!!

- proudgatorww, Lake City, US