CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about transmission problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

9.2

$670

1. replace both headlight assemblies (22 reports)
  3. replace with high quailty bulbs (3 reports)
  4. projectors need to be replaced (2 reports)
  5. headlight conversion kit (1 reports)
  6. replace both headlight assemblies with oem and led bulbs (1 reports)
2015 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 152021

Altima 2.5L

It is impossible to drive at night. I use my high beams but other motorists get annoyed.

It is like driving in the dark. On a trip to Boston, I had to pull over and wait for the sun to come up. My eyes were definitely exhausted trying to make out the road in front of me. This will ultimately end in deaths. The Altima death!!!

- Dan M., Wentzville, US

Mar 152018

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

The Nissan Altima headlight complaint has been registered with NHTSA. Nissan manufacturing has also been contacted about this issue. This complaint has been registered on this site as well. There now is a standing class action lawsuit over this issue. What has to happen before Nissan acknowledges this issue and take care of it?

- Clarence B., Nashville, US

Sep 012020

Altima SL 4 cyl

click to see larger images

headlights are too dim headlights are too dim

Just would like new headlights installed, the headlights (ESPECIALLY LEFT ONE) are very dim!

- Pamela H., St. Cloud, US

Mar 152021

click to see larger images

headlights are too dim headlights are too dim

Bought this 2015 Nissan ALTIMA S on March 15 2021 and realized the headlights are very dim, so I start doing research on 2015 Nissan ALTIMA S dim headlights and found information. I also got a letter in the mail from SUAREZ V NISSAN SETTLEMENT ADMINISTRATOR POBOX 43199 PROVIDENCE RI 02940-3199.

I WENT to the Quirk Nissan Dealer in Quincy Massachusetts Tuesday 25 January, an 11 am appointment for an oil change, and when I returned to pick up the car I spoke to the service guy. He said it would be $1100 to replace both headlights. They rotated the tires and changed a hood lock that they said was a recall issue where the hood could pop open while driving - can you imagine that happening down the highway?

So I would love to have this issue, the dim headlights, fixed. It totally is a safety hazard - when I drive with high beams on, people kept flashing their lights at me thinking I am just inconsiderate. But that's not the case -- I can't see when driving on low beams as the halogen bulbs are too dim due to desalination of reflective surface inside the headlamp. This is a HEADLAMP DEFECT FROM NISSAN.

- anna7701, Hyde Park, US

Nov 252020

Altima S 2.4L

I have replaced the bulbs {expensive!!!} to no avail. I need to replace the headlight units - you cannot drive at night.

- Norman F., Rancho Cucamonga, CA, US

Feb 012019

Altima

I purchased my car brand new 4 years ago and had had very few issues with it until this year, I noticed a few months ago that my headlights were getting dim, so I assumed that the bulbs needed to be changed so we had the bulbs replaced, then I noticed the new bulbs we installed didn't improve the lighting, so we changed them again, and again, and again. Soon after that debacle we decided to take it to the dealer because at this point clearly its a manufacturing issue and not the bulbs, the dealer stated that this is a common issue for 2013-2015 Nissan Altima's and the only real remedy is to change the headlight assemblies.

I asked if this is known by Nissan, why is there NO RECALL on this, its clearly an issue and from the looks of it thousands of Nissan buyers have this same issue, no real answer was given. I am furious that Nissan has put profit over their buyers and other drivers' safety, what else could be the reason why they don't deem it necessary to have this obvious problem repaired for those of us who cannot drive our vehicles at night, or have to drive with high-beam lights on (which is a safety concern for not only me but other drivers). I plan on making a formal complaint with the better business bureau today regarding this issue.

- Tanya S., Austell, GA, US

Sep 012019

Altima

Headlights are not working properly, due to a faulty Nissan-installed headlight assembly. Hmmm - not having headlights that adequately work would be a big safety issue in any normal persons estimation.

So a 4 year old vehicle without proper headlights I'm told is okay with Nissan, even though there are numerous complaints on this safety issue. Nissan, not standing by your product or the safety of your consumers WILL ultimately affect your bottom line. Do the right thing and do a recall!

- mkathleen, Jacksonville, US

Jan 052020

Altima S 2.5L

A year after I got this 2015 Altima, I started having problems with the low beam headlights looking too dim while I was driving at night. This problem is extremely dangerous and needs to be recalled. Every Altima I see like mine has the very same dim headlights. I have to burn my brights to see at night and do you all even care that doing so endangers oncoming traffic!!!! This is absolutely ridiculous and cheap that it hasn't been recalled! I have purchased a kit to clean the headlights, but it didn't work. Ordered Led lights, had them replaced TWICE, and still did not correct the problem. Nissan, I am very disappointed. I thought you guys were better than this. Stop being cheap and recall these lights before someone gets in a bad accident and gets hurt!

- Cynthia M., Tarboro, US

Sep 012021

Altima S 2.4L

It is mad dangerous driving the 2015 Altima, especially in rain - you're blinded and visibility is 0, so night driving is by choice and sometimes you need to and it's scary risking your life to do something you need to but have no choice I have already replaced the bulbs and it did nothing so now I have to replace the housing unit so hopefully I get reimbursed for all of what I have done. Not happy with Nissan's ability to own there mistake.

- John D., Auburn, NY, US

Sep 292019

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

I tried getting Nissan to support an after warranty claim on this safety issue, but they declined. Pretty odd, as I have had them cover an older vehicle out of warranty by many more miles/years for a $900 throttle body. I am thinking it was due to having that old car at a dealer for actual service after they sold me a car with issues.

I have registered with an attorney group who are starting a class action suit. They requested I keep my old headlight assemblies (which I did anyway in case of recall).

LEDs greatly improve the lighting on this car, but you must use OEM headlight assemblies to get good High and Low beam projection and alignment.

- nhengst, York, US

May 252018

Altima V6

The headlights are way to dim on the low setting. I have to drive with the brights on just to see at night. I get brighted by other vehicles but if I turn them on dim, I cannot see. Nissan NEEDS to do a recall and replace the entire headlight assembly with a quality product. I still owe a lot of money on my Nissan and I'd like to be able to see at night before I crash!!

- Andrea P., Spring Valley, US

Apr 102019

Altima S

I have replaced the bulbs and there is no change. I have to be really careful driving at night because I can't see well at all, and God forbid it rains!!!!

- Stacey R., South Chesterfield, US

Jan 012019

Altima ES 3.2L

Just like all the others - this has HORRIBLE headlight illumination. You can see very minimally. It's quite dangerous to drive at night or in inclement weather.

Shame on you, Nissan, for not issuing a recall for this extremely dangerous problem.

- Wes S., Sheboygan, US

Dec 272019

Altima S V4

The car headlights are so dim that driving at night is unsafe. The lens is almost completely burnt off. This is a major safety issue that needs attention.

- Ryan D., Summerville, SC, US

Oct 012019

Altima 2.4L

• CVT transmission

As a Canadian, can I join the Class Action and get replacement headlight covers that are degraded?

My wife especially has vision problems driving at night with poor quality lighting (on Low Beam)

- melbonon, Kingston, ON, Canada

Oct 052021

Altima S 2.5L

MY HEADLIGHTS ARE SO DIM THAT I HAVE TO FLIX MY HIGHBEEMS MOST OF THE TIME SO I CAN SEE.

- Antonio C., Tampa, FL, US

Dec 272018

Altima S 2.5L

Okay, I am primary caregiver for my husband who has Alzheimer's. My granddaughter told me about the problem when she drove the car at night in December of 18. I ignored it because I rarely drive at night. My son drove the car in summer of '19 to Florida and back and told me we had a serious problem that needed to be addressed because it was extremely dangerous to drive at night. I ignored it again because I rarely drive at night and I already have a FULL plate with me attempting to keep my husband at home who is in end stage dementia.

HOWEVER, the problem continued to deteriorate until I had no option but to go in and attempt to solve the problem at the dealership. I did in July of this year, 2021. It was recommended to me to have my headlights restored which I did. The lights projected about 5-10 feet on dim. I went back and it was recommended to have new bulbs put in which I did. No improvement. Then the service manager suggested purchasing high beam intensity lights and have someone put them in, which I did. The person who installed these immediately told me that my problem was NOT fixed and that I would need a complete set of new headlights. I am very annoyed. If anyone drives at night, they must keep the lights on bright, and this, of course, annoys all other drivers and is a safety issue.

Nissan should do a recall! This is corporate at its best with money being the driving force, instead of the people's welfare and safety!

- Nancy C., Asheville, NC, US

Aug 012020

Altima SD V4

This presents a safety issue when driving at night. My wife and I have three small children and we have to drive with our bright lights on just to see at night. Impossible to see without the bright lights.

- Russell S., Birmingham, AL, US

Feb 012021

Altima LX 2.5L

The issue with very dim headlights is a very serious issue that Nissan should have addressed along time ago. I've had other problems also with my AC unit. Nissan is not a company that lives up to the standards that they claim.

- Michael G., Baytown, US

Jul 052019

Altima S V4

THIS IS SUPER DANGEROUS SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET KILLED. MY DAUGHTERS BOTH HAVE THE SAME CAR WITH SAME PROBLEMS IN BOTH.

- jrnshawn, Ocala, US