ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about transmission problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

8.0

$350

2. replace with high quailty bulbs (2 reports)
2015 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Aug 012018

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

low beam lights are to dim

the bulbs are good

dealer is no help

- Gary C., Santa Margarita, CA, US

Aug 152017

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

As others described, I can't see at night. I had a small accident where I ended on top of a median while I was going to turn into a bank. These lights are terrible and Nissan is not offering any solution to our problems.

Here is link to the class action lawsuit we all need to join. Or just simply Google search "altima lights lawsuit"

We all have to join!

- John S., New York, US

Apr 012017

Altima

I began to have trouble with the low beam vision on my vehicle last year when I moved to a town that requires driving about an hour in very dark conditions at night (no street lights etc). A driver in front of my mentioned, after we parked and chatted, that my lights were very dim and the one on the passenger side was almost too dim to see.

When I went to the Nissan dealer where I purchased the vehicle for a recent maintenance, oil change, tire rotation, etc., I asked them to check the dim lights and told them the problem I was having at night. The service manager came back when maintenance was complete and said that he had 4 individuals "look" at the lights and there was nothing wrong with them.

I have contacted an independent body shop and gotten an estimate to replace the unit (he said it comes as a unit, cannot just replace low beam bulbs) and quoted a $600 install fee. He suggested that he could possibly polish the bulb, but I doubt that is going to work and they get sued they'll probably pay attention then and do a recall.

If Nissan is as reputable as they claim, they should be willing to stand behind their vehicle and fix this very serious problem.

- Anna D., Dauphin Island, AL, US

Feb 112018

Altima SV 2.5L 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

headlights are too dim

While driving at night it really seems as if the lights are not even on! When I got home I cleaned the lights and driving lights with a lint free rag as Road Salt etc. might be the cause for low visibility. I noticed that the heat from the projector lenses or head lamp itself had BURNED the inside of the headlight. You can see the attached image on my posting.

This would be a major contributing factor to poor lighting. My wife has the identical car and trim etc. but she does not have the issue. I feel mainly because she has 20k miles and I'm quickly approaching 35k and do a lot more nighttime driving. I would like new headlight assemblies but I doubt that would happen.

- David W., Roslyn, US

Feb 292016

Altima SV 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Noticed right away, that the headlights brightness was inadequate. Purchased a new pair of high quality lights.

- Gordon S., Cambridge, ON, Canada

Sep 172016

Altima

The low beam headlights are entirely inadequate to provide sufficient lighting intensity and failed to safely illuminate the street ahead of you. This creates a very dangerous situation when driving at night, while raining, or under any low visibility conditions since you are not able to see objects. This issue was not present when I purchased the vehicle new but developed around 50,000 miles. Unfortunately, I have to constantly drive with the high beams at night leaving other drivers with a partial blindness. Sometimes, when I switch to low for an oncoming vehicle, I suddenly find myself driving completely without sufficient light. I hope that Nissan and NHTSA do something to correct the problem at no cost to the consumer. We shouldn't have to pay for a correction when we did nothing to cause it and it shouldn't be "normal wear" on a vehicle.

- Amber S., Avery, US