- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 11 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 13 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 25 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 73 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 73 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Nissan service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Nissan customer service.
2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid AIR BAGS, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE NHTSA Campaign #08V521000
Summary: Nissan is recalling 204,361 MY 2007-2008 Altima, Altima hybrid, 350Z, 350Z roadster, MY 2008 Altima coupe, rogue, MY 2009 murano, and infiniti MY 2007-2008 G35 sedan, MY 2008 G37 coupe and EX35 passenger vehicles equipped with Continental automotive systems' occupant classification system (OCS) control units. A varistor in the OCS control unit located in the passenger seat cushion may have been manufactured out of specification. Under certain conditions, this could cause an interruption of signal between the OCS and the air bag control unit (acu).
Consequence: This could result in the passenger air bag being suppressed which could fail to provide adequate protection in the event of a crash.
Actions: Dealers will test the signal between the OCS and acu systems using a special tool to check that it is functioning as designed. If necessary, the seat cushion (containing OCS hardware) will be replaced with a new one manufactured to specification. The recall began on November 4, 2008. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261 or infiniti at 1-800-662-6200. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #08V521000 »