- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 9 days ago
- February 7: General Motors C/K Truck Fire Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- February 7: Texas Man Says Defective Chevy Camaro Caused Crash news | 10 days ago
- February 3: GM Vortec Engine Lawsuit Says Oil Consumption Problems Abound news | 14 days ago
- February 1: GM AC Compressor and Condenser Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
2013 Chevrolet Trax
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 Chevrolet Trax
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 Chevrolet Trax by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2013 Chevrolet Trax EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:RADIO/TAPE DECK/CD ETC., ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE NHTSA Campaign #16V257000
Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Chevrolet Sonic and Trax vehicles and 2013-2015 Chevrolet Spark vehicles equipped with a Bring Your Own Media radio. The affected radios may fail to provide an audible warning chime when the driver, after turning off the ignition and leaving the key in the cylinder, waits 10 minutes or longer to open the door. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114 "Theft Protection."
Consequence: Without audible indicators, the driver may leave the key in the ignition, increasing the risk of theft.
Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the radio software, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 17130. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V257000 »