- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- September 18: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 30 days ago
2000 Ford Contour
7 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2000 Ford Contour
Official recalls have been issued for the 2000 Ford Contour by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
The nuts included in the packaging for these ball joint assemblies are missing the intended prevailing torque (self-locking) feature. If the incorrect ... Read more »
Loss of brake fluid can lead to a decrease in brake line pressure and an increase in stopping distance, which can result in a vehicle crash. Read more »
If either the master cylinder or power brake booster is subsequently serviced with only one of the correct brake booster or master cylinder parts, brake ... Read more »
If the grommet is damaged, fuel could leak. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire. Read more »
In the event of a vehicle crash, the occupant may not be properly restrained. Read more »
If both PCRV's malfunction, vehicle handling could be adversely affected during braking as a result of the rear wheels locking, increasing the risk of a crash. Read more »
The operator of the vehicle may believe the childproof safety lock was activated when it was not, potentially allowing the door to be opened from the inside. Read more »