- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 1 days ago
- December 7: BMW Recalls 3,100 Vehicles to Fix Instrument Panel Lights recalls | 4 days ago
- December 4: BMW N20 and N26 Engine Lawsuit Blames Timing Chains news | 7 days ago
- December 2: BMW Recalls 2014-2018 i3 Electric and Hybrid Cars recalls | 9 days ago
- November 11: South Korea Fines BMW, Mercedes and Porsche Over Emissions news | 30 days ago
2013 BMW M6
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 BMW M6
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 BMW M6 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2013 BMW M6 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE NHTSA Campaign #12V475000
Summary: BMW is recalling certain model year 2013 M5, M6 Coupe, and M6 Convertible vehicles, manufactured from July 19, 2012, through September 11, 2012. Due to a manufacturing process error, the tolerance between the engine oil pump's drive shaft and the pump's rotor was not within specification. As a result, the pump's driveshaft could separate from the rotor.
Consequence: Separation of the pump's driveshaft from the rotor could lead to a sudden loss of oil pressure causing the possibility of complete engine failure, resulting in an engine stall-like condition, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the oil pump, free of charge. The safety recall began on November 30, 2012. Owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #12V475000 »