- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 4 days ago
- December 7: BMW Recalls 3,100 Vehicles to Fix Instrument Panel Lights recalls | 7 days ago
- December 4: BMW N20 and N26 Engine Lawsuit Blames Timing Chains news | 10 days ago
- December 2: BMW Recalls 2014-2018 i3 Electric and Hybrid Cars recalls | 12 days ago
- November 11: South Korea Fines BMW, Mercedes and Porsche Over Emissions news | 33 days ago
2014 BMW i8
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 BMW i8
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 BMW i8 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2014 BMW i8 FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:AUXILLARY TANK NHTSA Campaign #14V674000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 i8 vehicles manufactured from May 16, 2014, to September 16, 2014. A bolt used to attach a ground cable between the tank and the vehicle chassis may not have been properly welded during manufacturing.
Consequence: An inadequate weld of the bolt to the fuel tank could cause a fuel leak. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak could lead to a fire.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the fuel tank if necessary, free of charge. The recall began in November 2014. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417 or CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V674000 »