- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 0 days ago
- February 7: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Trucks Recalled, Again recalls | 10 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 49 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 59 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 60 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition42
- Doors Lock And Unlock By Themselves8
- Center Console & Door Laminates Are Delaminating4
- Low Coolant Light Is On4
- Radio Not Working4
- All Power Dims When Braking3
- Cd Player Acting Up3
- Cruise Control Doesn't Work2
- Shifter Pattern Fell Off2
- Door Lock Control Panel Not Working1
- Door Unlocks And Opens When Put In Reverse1
- Gauges Going Crazy1
- Hood Release Latch Broken1
- Key Won't Turn In Ignition To Start Car1
- Peeling Chrome On Interior Door Handle1
- Radio Flashes/Can't Turn Off1
- Rubber Around Shifter Bunching Up1
- Supercharger Gauge Inop1
- Supercharger Gauge Shuts Off When Fog Lights Turned On1
- Trunk Ajar Sound/Text On The Dash Flashes Nonstop1
- Water Stains Upholstery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel6
- NHTSA: Equipment5
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting4
- NHTSA: Seats3
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive2
- NHTSA: Child Seat1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.