- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 3 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 4 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 15 days ago
- February 7: General Motors C/K Truck Fire Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 16 days ago
2015 Chevrolet Volt
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2015 Chevrolet Volt
Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 Chevrolet Volt by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2015 Chevrolet Volt STEERING NHTSA Campaign #15V442000
Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles manufactured November 8, 2013, to March 12, 2015, and 2015 Chevrolet Volt vehicles manufactured April 11, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the inner tie rod may not be tightened to specification allowing the tie rod to separate from the steering gear.
Consequence: Separation of the tie rod from the steering gear could result in the loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering gear assembly, free of charge. The recall began on July 28, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15386. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V442000 »