- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 1 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 27 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 54 days ago
- December 19: Kia Sorento Recalled to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 63 days ago
- December 13: Kia Forte Brake Light Switch Recall Issued recalls | 69 days ago
2014 Kia Sorento
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Kia Sorento
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Kia Sorento by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2014 Kia Sorento POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY:AXLE SHAFT NHTSA Campaign #13V356000
Summary: Kia Motors Corp. is recalling certain model year 2014 front wheel drive Sorento vehicles manufactured January 7, 2013, through March 12, 2013; and equipped with 2.4 liter engines. Due to a manufacturing issue, the right front axle shaft may fracture.
Consequence: A fractured front axle may result in a loss of power to the wheels. Additionally, if the vehicle is parked without the parking brake applied, it may roll away. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front axle shaft assembly, free of charge. The recall began on September 9, 2013. Owners may contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's recall number is SC099. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V356000 »