2013 Nissan Altima suspension problems: control arm broke while driving

Control Arm Broke While Driving

2013 Nissan Altima

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.

Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.

Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.

8.0

2013 Nissan Altima suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Altima:

2013 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Dec 182018

Altima SV 2.5L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

control arm broke while driving

The car is only 5 years old. I would have liked a bit more from the dealership then, "wow, never heard of that before." I am thankful that it happened at 15 miles per hour when I crashed and not 65 MPH on the Highway when the whole wheel would have rocketed into someone.

I hope that someone looks at this deeply, it's scary how rusty these Altimas get.

- Laird S., Essex Junction, VT, US

Dec 132018

Altima

• CVT transmission

Why would a control arm break at 80,000 miles? Why is Nissan selling a car if the control arms are failing on any of their cars? I don't understand how they can put this car on the road. I just feel that this is a big safety issue. What is the recourse for Altima owners? Why would a car with less than 100,000 miles have so many problems with corrosion? I just want to know that my car will be safe.

- cmusella, Shrewsbury, MA, US