- July 8: Nissan Prevails in Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- June 11: Nissan Altima CVT Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 35 days ago
- May 31: Nissan Altimas Recalled For Risk of Fires recalls | 46 days ago
- May 12: Appeals Court Upholds $25 Million Verdict Against Nissan news | 65 days ago
- May 1: Nissan Recalls Altimas To Fix Everlasting Brake Lights and Rollaways recalls | 76 days ago
Control Arm Broke While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 113,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace control arm (13 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)