— For the fifth time this year, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vans are recalled, this time because the steering column casing covers are missing in 25 vans.
The 2019 Sprinter vans have exposed steering columns because the covers weren't installed, allowing small items to could fall into the steering columns.
Anything that interferes with the steering column will interfere with steering operation.
The Sprinter recall will begin April 10, 2020.
Dealerships will replace the steering columns, but concerned van owners may call 877-762-8267. Daimler's number for this recall is VS3VERKLE.
This is the fifth Sprinter recall of 2020 and the 18th recall since 2018.
- Steering Problems Cause Sprinter Van Recall
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled Over Exhaust Odors
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Recalled For Risk of Fires
- Daimler Sprinter Vans Recalled For Cargo-Related Problems
- 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Recall Issued For Diesel Fuel Leaks
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled Over Airbag Systems
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled For Loose Hoods
- Sprinter 1500, 2500, 3500 and 4500 Vans Recalled
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Have High-Beam Headlight Problems
- 2019 Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Recalled Over Fog Lights
- Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled To Fix Door Locks
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled Over Welds
- Daimler Recalls Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans For Takata Airbags
- Sprinter 3500 Vans Recalled Due to Crosswind Assist