- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 1 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 6 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 30 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 34 days ago
2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Toyota service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Toyota customer service.
2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SEAT BELTS, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE NHTSA Campaign #14V272000
Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2014 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid vehicles. The affected vehicles may have improper software installed in the air bag electronic control unit (ECU) for the operation of the front passenger seat belt force limiter, and as a result, the force limiter may use the restraint setting designed for small occupants, such as those that weigh approximately 110 pounds, for all occupants regardless of their size. As such, some of these vehicles do not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Consequence: In the event of a crash, a larger front passenger seat occupant may not be properly restrained and be at an increased risk of injury.
Actions: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will install a software update in the air bag electronic control unit, free of charge. The recall began on June 27, 2014. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V272000 »
Browse Other Highlander Hybrid Years
- 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid