- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 12 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 14 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 26 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 74 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 74 days ago
2012 Nissan Quest
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Quest is great in terms of low complaints, but it also has an abysmal crash test rating for one very common type of impact.
The IIHS' "small overlap" crash test rates the vehicle's ability to protect front seat passengers when the car is impacted across 1/4th of the front bumper.
This mimics hitting a pole, or an off-center crash into another car — more common in the real world than a full frontal head-on crash.
See our crash test page for the detailed results — As you can see from the IIHS' crash test video, the Nissan Quest does not protect intrusion into the passenger space & major injury to the front seat passengers is likely.
Worst 2012 Quest Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems10
- AC / heater problems3
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Quest Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Quest compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Quest overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Quest.