— Daimler Vans is recalling more than 11,000 model year 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vans equipped with swivel seats.
The wiring harnesses for the front seats may have been routed incorrectly and could become jammed and damaged in the swivel seat frames.
This can affect the operation of the seat side airbags by causing them to deploy for no reason. It's also possible the airbags won't deploy in side crash impacts.
A Sprinter van driver may notice an illuminated airbag warning light that stays on until the problem is fixed.
Mercedes dealerships will inspect the routing for the wiring harnesses for both front seats and make needed repairs, including adding clips and cable ties.
The Sprinter recall is expected to begin July 17, 2020, but concerned owners may call 877-762-8267 and refer to recall number VS3DREHSIK.
Check out Sprinter van recalls issued since 2018.
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Recalled Over Owner's Manuals
- Sprinter Van Recall Issued For Brake Fluid Leaks
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Recalled For Missing Tire Labels
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Recalled For Wrong Tire Labels
- Daimler Sprinter Vans Recalled For Winter Tires
- Sprinter Vans Have Missing Steering Column Covers
- Steering Problems Cause Sprinter Van Recall
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled Over Exhaust Odors
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Recalled For Risk of Fires
- Daimler Sprinter Vans Recalled For Cargo-Related Problems
- 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Recall Issued For Diesel Fuel Leaks
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled Over Airbag Systems
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled For Loose Hoods
- Sprinter 1500, 2500, 3500 and 4500 Vans Recalled
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Have High-Beam Headlight Problems
- 2019 Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Recalled Over Fog Lights
- Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled To Fix Door Locks
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled Over Welds
- Daimler Recalls Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans For Takata Airbags
- Sprinter 3500 Vans Recalled Due to Crosswind Assist